This article will explain how you can manage your product groups and how to edit them. Start by opening the Product Catalog with your own products.
What is a product group?
A product group is a group of similar products which only differ based on slight variants. For example if you have five different sized versions of the same brand, model and color shirt then each size variant is defined in your Sniffie data as a unique product. Creating a product group for these five unique products allows you to easily implement uniform pricing for that particular shirt in all sizes.
When should you use product groups?
All products within a given product group receive the same price suggestions. It is possible to define product groups based on multiple variables. For example, you can create a product group consisting of products which vary in both price and size. This is a good way to help mitigate product cannibalization by keeping the variable price relationship between the products in balance. Recalling the above example, you can see how uniform pricing within a product group ensures that the price for a smaller size shirt cannot rise above the price of a larger model.
The three sections below will teach you how to create and edit product groups, and how to apply them to pricing strategies:
Create and add products into a product group
Open the Product Catalog view to begin making a product group. Use filters to define and select the products that you wish to add to a new product group.
2. Click on the add to an optimizable product group icon at the top right of your toolbar (represented as a circle with three dots inside)
3. Enter a name for your product group in the text field. Then, create the new product group by clicking the + add to a new unit tab at the top left.
If you wish to add your selected products to an existing product group click on the existing unit tab at the top right. Clicking the text field and tapping your space key opens a drop down menu where you can scroll through all existing product groups.
If you know the name of the group you wish to add your selected products to, begin typing in the text field to see group suggestions. Select your desired product group, and confirm your choice by clicking the Apply button at the bottom right.
Editing existing product groups
Open the Product Catalog to access your existing product groups. Click the first selection menu, at the top left and choose product groups & tags. Next click the second selection menu, at the top left and choose optimizable product groups.
You can add more products to your product group by following the instructions above.
2. Find the product group you wish to edit. You can either scroll down to the group in your Product Catalog, or use product filters to sort for a specific product group. For example, if you know the name of your desired product group then:
Select the name filter under data field
Select the equals to operator function
Input the group name as the filter value (for instance skin toners)
3. Choose the product group you wish to edit and click on the name of the product group.
4. Click on the products in the product group tab at the top right. If you want to delete products from the product group, select the product you wish to delete and click on the delete icon in the top right corner of your toolbar. Confirm that you really wish to delete the product(s) from the product group.
5. Confirm that you really want to delete the products from the product group.
Adding product groups to a pricing strategy
1. Open the Product Catalog to access your existing product groups. Click the first selection menu, at the top left and choose product groups & tags. Next click the second selection menu, at the top left and choose optimizable product groups.
2. Find the product group or groups you wish to add to a pricing strategy. You can either scroll through the groups in your Product Catalog, or use product filters to sort for the product group(s) you are looking for.
3. Select your desired product group or groups, then click on the pricing actions icon in the top right of your toolbar (represented by a dollar sign in a circle). If you wish to know more, you can reference this helpful article on adding product groups to pricing strategies.
4. After this selection. Choose a group or groups you wish to add to an existing strategy or create a new strategy for these items.
5. If you wish to delete a product group or groups, repeat the process above and click on the trash bin icon rather than the pricing actions icon.