Advanced setting mode in Sniffie extension is reserved for users that are more comfortable with web technologies. The advanced mode on Sniffie extension is never enabled by default. However, activating advanced mode enables the following actions in Sniffie extension:
- Sniffie record mode
- Hidden element sniffing
- Manual modification of dynamic serialization element
- Sniffie table: data enrichment
- Sniffie table: HTML tree navigation up/down
- Sniffie table: column cloning
- Sniffie table: column splitting
- Sniffie table: column merging
- Sniffie table: column attribute selection
- Sniffie table: column find & replace
- Sniffie table: table refining with CSS / XPath selectors.
Activating advanced mode in Sniffie extension
1. Start Sniffie extension normally from your browser toolbar
2. At the top right of the page, click the “Advanced” toggle
3. If this is your first time activating advanced mode, a warning message will appear
4. When you click “Continue”, advanced mode is enabled. After you have activated advanced mode, it stays on until you disable it.
Deactivating advanced mode
- Start Sniffie extension normally from your browser toolbar
- At the top right of the page, click the “Advanced” toggle.