A quick guideline to create a sniff on any website
- Start Sniffie from your browser toolbar.
- If you have not logged in to Sniffie service, you will be asked for your username and password now. This is not illustrated in the video below, as the user has logged in previously.
- If you need record mode, do manipulations now. This is not illustrated in the video below.
- Hover on the desired elements on the website and press your left mouse button
- If dynamic serialization question is presented, do dynamic serialization actions. This is illustrated in the video below.
- Wait for Sniffie table to appear.
- Name all desired columns. Click other to create a custom name, but please note that Sniffie ecommerce analytics platform requires at least Product name and Price to be set.
- If you are an advanced user, you might consider doing some other advanced actions here now. This is not illustrated in the video below. Please note that trimming empty rows (i.e. rows that don’t have a product name value) is really recommended if you sniff product information.
- Click on the save icon.
- Ensure you have a category name in the field. Ensure that the website name field is not empty.
- Click save.
- Wait for saving confirmation.
- Sniffie team really appreciates feedback (both negative and positive): please consider giving some after the extraction.
Here’s a quick video tutorial on the above process.