What are Sniffie filters?
Sniffie filters are offered in all areas of the service where you need the option to filter down your selection or dataset.
In general, Sniffie has four types of filtering options:
Filters will drill down into you data set and select only the data you are selecting with filtering. You can select several filters at the same time and that way combine different filters to create a data set you want to use.
Sniffie has two main types of filters that you can use: global filters and local filters.
When using global filters your data set is shown according to the active criterion in all areas inside Sniffie where you navigate. Global filters can be found from the top side of Sniffie under the filter icon.
Local filters can be used in, for example, your dashboards' widgets - when local filters are used, they override global filtering. Local filters can be accessed, in the case of widgets, by first clicking "edit widget", then clicking on the filtering icon inside the widget.
How to use Sniffie filters
- Click the filter you want to use
- Select select filter type (basic and/or advanced)
- Select filter value. In advanced filtering you can select additional rules to filtering.
- Click Apply. The filter changes to active and all data is fetched using that filter.
How to remove used filters
- Global filters = open the filters from the icon and click on "Clear all filters".
- Local filters = inside a widget, for example, click "x" to remove active filters.
- Filtering is now inactivated and all data is fetched without using filtering